A interdisciplinary artist with a love of painting and story and everything in-between
Vicky McKay was born in Cumbria, north west England. She grew up between England and Scotland, crossing Hadrian’s Wall regularly. Now living in south west England, Vicky works as a visual artist and editor.
- Master of Arts, with distinction, from Bath School of Art.
- Contemporary Painter 2020, Centrespace in Bristol.
- The Space Between, 2020, 44AD in Bath, events and interventions.
- Untarnished performance at the Holburne Museum, July 2019.
- FaB Festival, 2019, performance work at The ICE.
- Blue Monday, 2019, 44AD in Bath.
- Blue Monday Test Bed Residency 2019.
- Royal Watercolour Society Contemporary Watercolour Competition 2018.
- Royal West of England Academy 165 Open Exhibition.
- Black Swan Arts Open 2017.
I’m an interdisciplinary artist and an unreliable narrator. I’m interested in hauntings and work with what I remember and what I can see.
I tell stories with painting, drawing, writing, and recording.
I’m lost in mediation and meaning, and what gets erased while we’re working.